This five-day culinary journey across Lebanon will leave you with a well-rounded taste of Lebanon through each of its region’s specialties. You will visit six different regions: Beirut, Batroun, Tripoli, the North, Mount Lebanon, and Ba’albeck, savoring each local specialty and learning the process and technique that goes into making that certain dish that each area is renown for.This will be a very personal tour and you will be invited into people’s homes across the country to learn the authentic techniques behind their specialties. This is an opportunity and an authentic experience you would not have traveling on your own.The tour cost includes hotel, breakfast everyday, 5 lunches, 5 dinners, refreshments during the tour, culinary activities, transport to and from the airport as well as all locations on the tour itinerary, visa, and our English speaking services.
Tour activities depending on season and availability
- Fish your own- boat trip (optional)
- Harvest your own- short discussion on local farming
- Demonstration on Arabic bread and the extra-thin mountain bread on Saj
- Demonstration on sujuk & basterma (Armenian sausage & cured meat)
- Demonstration on Kebbeh making (national dish)
- Demonstration on baklawa/and or halawet el jebn (Lebanese desserts)
- Kitchen Workshop on Lebanese mezza
- Visits to Souks- ancient and new
- Visit to a seven-story Middle Eastern sweets castle
- Visit to a dairy farm
- Visit to a butcher & bakery (watch process of sfiha, miniature minced lamb pies, from to start to finish)
- Visit to olive groves & olive oil pressing
- Visit to a vineyard with wine tasting
- Visit to a Arak distillery (Lebanon’s national drink, similar to ouzo and pastis)
- Visit to wild za’atar fields
- Mouneh demonstrations; kishk, burghul, awarma, etc.
Spring & Autumn Packages
The 5 Day Food Trek is guided by Bethany Kehdy and available during the Spring and Autumn between April – May and September – October
The Food Trek tour is also available around your dates with a minimum of 5 people in your group to book. Please let us know your preferred dates and the amount of people in your group to organise your next trek!
Price of Tour
$2,599 (shared) occupancy, $2,699 (single) occupancy.
Schedule of payments
Non-refundable deposit of $300 with registration form to secure your space with a 50% payment due no later than 60 days after booking. The remaining 50% is required 60 days before the trip.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellation policyPrior to 60 days from FoodTrek trip, all money will be refunded, less the deposit After 60 days, no money will be refunded
All breakfasts, lunches & dinners as indicated in tour itinerary.
- Accommodation in double rooms
- Refreshments during the tour
- Culinary activities as indicated in tour itinerary
- Transport to and from the airport as well as all locations on the tour itinerary
- Entry visa
- Our English speaking tour services
- Passport fees
- Comprehensive Protection Insurance Plan
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Excess baggage charges
- Optional field trip costs
Changes in ItinerariesTaste Lebanon reserves the right to substitute attractions or activities. Taste Lebanon may cancel a program due to insufficient enrollment or lack of projected availability. If a trip is canceled by Taste Lebanon, a full refund will be made minus $100 administrative fee.
Additional InformationTaste Lebanon, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees cannot be responsible for any injury, loss, damage accident, delay or expense resulting from events beyond their control, including, without limitation, acts of God, war, strikes, incidents of politically-motivated violence, sickness and government restrictions or regulations.
Taste Lebanon Contact InformationChichmanian Building 3rd Floor
Taste Lebanon Office
Boutros Dagher Street Gemayzeh, Beirut
Tel: +961 (71) 285 892
Tel: +961 (71) 131 115
If you have further questions you may contact us at: email@example.com